Energy Performance Engineering provides high value commissioning services to building owners and representatives with projects up to 500,000 sf and combine efforts with other firms for projects over 500,000 sf.
A project delivery process of ensuring that systems are designed, installed, tested, and operated/maintained per owner’s operational needs.
- New Construction Commissioning
- Existing Building Commissioning
- Monitoring-Based Commissioning
- Virtual Commissioning
Building Controls & Design
A robust Direct Digital Control (DDC) system design in Heating, Ventilating, and Air-conditioning control application.
- HVAC System Diagnostics
- Control Retrofit Design
- Control System Optimization
- Digital Controls Master Planning
- Fault Detection & Diagnostics
- Measurement & Verification
Facility Asset Management
An effective strategy for sustainable facility and resource management.
- Facilities Management Support
- Asset Management Strategic Planning
- Site Analysis/Evaluation
Founder and owner James Jen is a Registered Mechanical Engineer in Oregon with more than 27 years of experience in building commissioning and system controls. He was a Facility Engineer for high tech facilities, which gave him deep understanding of the needs of building owners. His well-rounded experience came from working for designers and control contractors as well as teaching college level DDC course.
James’ diverse background gives him a holistic perspective on commissioning projects, which is rare to find in the industry. He is currently involved in ASHRAE as a Technical Committee – 1.4 Control Theory & Application member and is involved on the Guideline Project Committee – 36 High-Performance Sequences of Operation for HVAC Systems.
The uniqueness of Energy Performance Engineering could be seen from the following:
- We have a System Readiness Tracking Sheet for construction team to implement commissioning tasks, which simplifies the whole process.
- With the diverse knowledge of our commissioning agents, we have intimate understandings about building systems.
- A diagnostic tool is utilized to generate control diagrams and functional test procedures.
- We document our commissioning projects on a web-based database. All equipment data, functional checklist, and functional performance test procedures are generated in the database. With this web-based platform, we will be able to have real time accessing and tracking of commissioning progress.
Download our full Capabilities Statement.